2009/09/02

I'm bringing creativity back

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain I was much more of a dreamer growing up and I was always described as creative, however, life got in the way. Reality came along and shoved my dreams aside. I am a good writer, it is a gift so I'm not conceited but God has blessed me in expressing myself this way ( I'm not good at expressing myself in the conventional ways but I try). Well there was a time I use to write stories and poems and plays by the dozen. In high school I would always do the short story and composition assignments for all my friends and I actually enjoyed it. Fast forward about 8 years and I'm struggling with even the desire to write. And recently, the Holy Spirit has been encouraging me to resume the use of this gift God has given me. But I'm all excuses, some maybe legitimate, but I can certainly get past these. Time is a major one and I've been without energy for awhile too. It's not that I have writers' block, my mind is flooded with ideas and stories to tell. I have stories for my daughter that I wish to write down and have pictures for her to enjoy, but life is in my way. This job, meal planning, laundry, cleaning, wife-ing and mothering, church and work related "after work hours" meetings; I feel I have no time to relax much less get enough sleep. I'm going to start again. I need to, it was my escape from pressures, my sanity (which isn't exactly eluding me now but needs to be stroked and cared for). Maybe start with five minutes everyday. All I need is to make a step right?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Even if you have to schedule time for yourself to write or relax, why not? You deserve it!! :)

    Love that quote,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely can relate to many of the things which you have written about except for mothering lol im not with child yet!!! But definitely remember to set aside a time for you...to clear your thoughts and to get them out for God has given you this gift for a reason dont let it become dormant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)