2010/05/19

Where does your confidence lie?

James Chapter 4 verse 10- "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

Last week I read a Neil Anderson's devotion Daily in Christ 5/12

and he put humility in perspective for me by simply stating that "humility is placing confidence in Christ, instead of in ourselves."
I don't know about anyone else but the whole concept of humility has left me a little confused before reading that devotional text. I had always wondered if taking great care in my appearance, being too defensive etc. meant I wasn't practicing humility. Then it was as clear as the day after rain, whenever I do things or plan to do stuff or if I ever think about situations from my ability, with no regard for what God can do through me or for me, then I'm not being humble. Humility is not having a low self-esteem but having a confidence in every situation that God will work things out.

Also, when I was in the second grade, I had a teacher who used one word to describe each student and that word started with the same letter as our first names. She described me as "Meek Moya" I thought at the time that it was because I was quiet & reserved. And like many other people I related meekness to weakness. Neil Anderson put this simply as well "Meekness is great strength under great control". After seeing it explained like that I am humbled that my teacher had seen meekness in me at that age and it made me reflect on the work God was presently doing in my life. I have seen where I've been learning more & more to place all my confidence in God about EVERYTHING! And placing my trust with Him has led to His strength totally enveloping me & seeing me through them all.

A few months ago I had spoken about my husband's work situation in this post. Well it lasted about a month and he's been unemployed since. It doesn't help that our country is facing some really "trying " times. Well we had to change alot of things we did. And persons who have gone through this or are going through a similar situation can testify that none of it is easy. The only easy thing is trusting God to take care of everyday. But sometimes it's hard to reach that place of easily trusting Him.

It becomes easy when we realise that the God we serve is Powerful, Almighty, Owns everything, and there is Nothing Impossible for Him. So I know Who I serve, in Whom my confidence lies and this has been my rock for the past couple months. The Creator of the heavens and the earth knows what He's doing and what He has planned for our family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)