2010/05/06

Thursday's Prayer

James chapter 4 verse 8a "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

Yesterday while fasting, I came to realise a few things about my present relationship with God: too many things were coming between us, I wasn't making as much time as I could for him, and my doubts & fears had been steadily increasing because of the first two reasons.

Sometimes I wonder what my purpose is in a certain situation & why I feel disconnected from God when I'm trying to seek him about something important. And if I would only ask myself these questions, I would know the answer. Do you find that your daily devotions have just become routine? Are you spending less time each day in meaningful prayer? Do you really make enough time for God each day? Do you obey him without considering yourself?

I realised that self gets in the way alot with my walk with God. What do others think about me?-When His word instructs us only to be concerned with what our Master thinks of us. I don't feel comfortable & why should I go out of my way when it won't benefit me? etc. Self. Pride. Idolatry. When something else determines our actions and beliefs over what God wants us to do or believe.

I have continuously & for too long made self-doubting get in the way of my relationship with God. It is a lie from the enemy, when God tells me I can & I say I can't, I'm not ready yet.


"Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I renounce every lie of the enemy in my life. Father help me to live in the freedom and victory I have in You and Your salvation. I pray for a healing touch from You, renew my mind, my heart, my body and my soul. Master Potter, remake me in Your wonderful image. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)