2009/11/27

Faith

Two and a half years ago after much prayer and fasting, I received a word from God. I had written it down and placed it in my Bible as a reminder.
"Be confident my daughter in the love I have for you. I cannot stop loving you and I cannot let you down. It is impossible. If you learn to trust me, giving praises no matter the situation, you will have unmovable faith, then there will be no fear of anything in your heart and you will be confident in all things."

At that point in my life I was a single unemployed mother. I was not living comfortably and I rarely smiled. I couldn't see any reason to. Also I was at that point of constant insecurity in my worth and self-image. And I had no earthly friendship to turn to. I was alone even though others were around, and very afraid. Afraid for my daughters future, mine and that God could never use someone like me to make a difference in this world because I was afraid of the devil and his attacks.
My Heavenly Father obviously didn't see me as I saw myself based on what He said to me then. So for the past couple years He has lead me on a journey of knowing Him better by diving into His word letting it become my assurance and daily necessity."So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
So reading this once again I'm so grateful to God for completely turning my life around. Turning my sorrow into joy. Showing me an Almighty, All-Knowing and Loving God. The God who sees what I can be and not focus on the imperfection that I am. The only true and Living God who has sanctified me and adopted me into His precious family by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus.

The Lord is responsible for any increase in my faith over the years and not me. Without Him I am nothing. Without the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth I would be all that I thought I was. But Thanks be to God! I am not! I am a child of the King! And nothing can separate me from His love!

And He loves me enough to show me the pride that still lurks in my heart, the thoughts that still need to be subjected to Him. Because I daily need Him to "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51 verse 10.
I am still a work in progress, but if the Almighty God hasn't given up on me, then why should I give up on myself?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful revelation! Praise God HE never quits! We shouldn't either.

    God bless you sister! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Our God is more faithful than we could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)