2010/06/16

Dealing with inward sin

The natural person lives independently of God and His purposes and does not respond to life in harmony with God's plan for him.
~Neil Anderson's Daily in Christ devotional, June 16

Sometimes I feel so ashamed when I behave like a natural man, which is explained by the apostle Paul in Ephesians chapter 2 verses 1-3.{1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.}


What I'm referring to are the times when I get anxious about something or the other, I know I just get on it & don't stop. I get annoying to say the least & many times anger the person who has to deal with me at the time. Then when things are put into perspective, I really didn't have to behave that way at all. I was indeed giving place to the devil & allowing his lies to lead me to believe that a situation was worse than it was. I saw this scripture this morning & it was a great reminder:-
Colossians chp. 3 vs. 14-15 "And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."

Charity (love) is never exercised when I behave this way. And I'm not paying attention to the peace of God, when I'm causing someone else to get angry or hurt. I'm not thankful for that person when I let pride determine how I react. Realizing my sin, I am immediately repentant. I don't like the picture the truth of the Holy Spirit is showing me & I want to change. I am NOT a natural man! And I should live always as the daughter of God that I am.

I'm so glad that God cares so much about me to help me in my relationship with others. If He hadn't revealed it to me, I would still be in denial that I'm a nagger. Now I know the changes I have to make & I'm trusting in God to do that work in me. Scripture does warn of the enemy who wants to lure God's people into destruction & ungodly behaviour. A cunning enemy that would destroy my relationships first, then leave me isolated & open to more sins.
I'm unto you devil! And thanks be to God, Jesus is already victorious & you're already defeated:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)