2010/03/04

Word for today

Ephesians chapter 3 verse 20- " Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,"

I heard this scripture in a song this morning & half an hour later it was the closing verse in an email devotion. Coincidence? I think not, I don't believe in them. So I subconciously started to think about it & wondered why God wanted me to pay special attention to that particular word today. So I broke it down:-

DO- to bring to an end by action; to perform completely; to make ready for an object, purpose,or use; to put or bring into a form, state or condition; to suceed; to answer the purpose.

EXCEEDING- exceptional in amount, quality or degree.

ABUNDANTLY- in a sufficient degree; fully, amply, plentifully; in a large measure.

ABOVE- Superior in rank, position, or number; greater than.

So the "him" being God is able to answer the purpose exceptionally & in a large measure greater than I ask Him or think is possible, based on the God given power of the Holy Spirit that works in me. This reminds me of the scripture in Isaiah 55 vs 8 & 9:-


""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I'm human, so many times I have prayed & had an idea of how I wanted a situation to work out in the back of my mind, all the while saying to God to let His will be done. Very presumptious I know; but with experience came maturity & I've seen many times where things have worked out even better than I could ever imagine it would! Because God did it "HIS" way & not the incomplete way I came up with.

Example, over two years ago an awesome job opportunity came up for my then fiance, now husband. It didn't work out even though we prayed hard. He, however, received another job offer & took it. Fast forward January of this year & he bumps into the man that made that job offer we had prayed so much for. He said he's ready to go now & he still wants him for the position. Ok but he already has a stable job, what to do? So I prayed of course, and the answer is a resounding Yes! Take it. So he accepts renewed job offer. Literally a few days later, totally unrelated, he gets laid off from two year old job, before he could even resign!

 And once again I'm amazed at God & His timing! How he saw our needs before we even knew them & provided for us! (Imagine living on just one paycheck for more than a couple months right now!)
The Lord showed me that my husband didn't yet have the experience he needed to do this renewed job over two years ago, that's why our prayers had been diverted for a couple years. I couldn't have imagined this solution to my prayers in a million years. And I'm humbled by the fact that my God is so amazing & has so much vision and cares about little us so much. He puts so much thought into each of His creations, each of our lives, & I wish the whole world knew & realized that. There's a reason why we hear phrases like "God is Love" because He truly is the definition of love.

And according to the power that worketh in us reminds me to pray according to the will of God. For example I pray daily for my husbands salvation, how do I know it is the will of God? because in 2 Peter 3 vs 9 it says "The Lord is..., not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." So now I'm believing that God can bring back (because he was in fellowship with God before College) Pookie in a remarkable way.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ with me, hold God true to His word for us today and see what amazing things He can accomplish in our lives.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an awesome reminder that HIS timing is perfect!

    Thank you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to pray for people but when its all said and done its going to take that person himself to draw near to god. no one can do it for him. God gives us a choice and the choice of salvation is a individual thing. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Moya! You have a precious blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Amber:)
    Mrs. Jenkins, it's obvious that faith is a personal thing & one cannot believe for someone else. However, I will never stop praying for my husband & others in fact who struggle with their beliefs or don't believe anything at all. God can use any situation to reveal more of himself to me & my husband's life is intertwined in mine & I didn't ever suggest that my beliefs would save him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments may God richly bless you:)